A highly intensive study programme combining language skills classes, collaborative team training and communication workshops
27.5 hours per week
The Octorial Programme is an intensive course of study crafted to build English language skills for academic and professional development. The unique advantage of the course is that it offers a high level of individual attention with a wide mix of team work training and mentored independent learning sessions.
Students are taught in very small class sizes (restricted to an absolute maximum of 8) which creates a collaborative training environment with constant proximity to tutors. The very small class size allows us to focus on each student’s own intelligences and give extra coaching where needed. The school environment promotes discussion and inquiry which stimulates critical thinking and illuminates ideas. The course delivers a depth of language skill and a breadth of cultural awareness which gives you a cosmopolitan perspective and a natural flair for connectivity.
The course content
- 15 hours of language skills lessons
- 12.5 hours of communication skills workshops
How the course will help you in your mastery of the language
- The course will increase you effectiveness in English by developing core language skills through materials and situations which build confidence, fluency and autonomy in English speaking environments.
- You will gain the confidence to use English naturally and effortlessly which will make you comfortable in both academic and professional situations which demand the use of English.
- You will develop techniques to create clear arguments in both written and spoken English and to communicate your message with impact and flair.
See how each session of the training day delivers the skills which contribute to your mastery of the language.