26. “So many books, so little time”. So said Frank Zappa, the rock musician. And there is no shortage of books near the school: in one direction you have Charing Cross Road, famous for new and second hand bookshops including one of the biggest bookshops in the world. And just 30 metres in the opposite direction is yet another bookshop, Waterstones. And across the road you’re into Bloomsbury, the literary centre of London. We are truly at the heart of the literary world.
27. Variety is the spice of life: develop a range of skills in a variety of classes with different teaching styles. Time flies when you are absorbed in studying.
28. Experience the calm and tranquillity of Westminster. Come on one of our walks and we’ll show you the hidden secrets of Westminster: espionage, tragedy, hypocrisy, virtuosity, it’s all there.
29. The British Museum. Just 5 minutes away, but have you a lifetime to spare? You need one! We’ll show you the highlights, the ‘must see’ bits. A treasure trove of culture, art and history. And that ceiling – wow!
30. Fancy a cuppa? Free refreshments at the school: coffee and tea in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Naturally – we’re in England! And have you tasted custard cream biscuits? Now there’s a good reason to study here.
31. Prepare for the IELTS exam. Learn the techniques and develop the skills. Enjoy the different exercises. We’ll book the exam for you.
32. Enjoy the academic content of the lessons. We don’t just teach you English but encourage an exploration of other subjects and disciplines. Challenging materials broaden your horizons and open your eyes to new ideas.
33. The Westminster Walk: Westminster Palace, Westminster Abbey and Westminster School. Churchill, Cromwell and Charles I. This is where it all happened. British history in two hours.
34. Enjoy the greenest city of all. Be amazed by London’s fantastic parks: Hyde Park, Regent’s Park, Green Park, St James’s Park, Kensington Gardens, and more.
35. Teachers who know their stuff. Academic. Curious. Clear. Communicative. Enthusiastic. Knowledgeable. Committed. And native speakers.
36. We are accredited by English UK. Last inspected in 2016, we were awarded 27 points of strength including academic management; course design; teaching; care of students; leisure opportunities; premises and facilities; and staff management.
37. Enjoy English cuisine. Sample English food with a host family or take a trip to Rules Restaurant in Covent Garden, the oldest continually running restaurant in London, founded in 1798. Or go to the famous Twinings tea shop founded in 1706. Or we’ll take you to Berry Brothers’ wine shop, established in 1694. Sit on the same enormous weighing scales as famous people have done over the centuries.
38. Enjoy London’s night-life. The school is in the heart of London’s West End with restaurants representing nearly every country in the world. Bars and pubs. Street food and takeaways.
39. Or appreciate the tranquillity of London. Come with us to the legal district and we’ll take you into the distant past and an oasis of calm.
40. Make rapid progress. Consolidate your learning through homework, by borrowing a book from the school library.
41. Come on our history lesson at the National Portrait Gallery. We bring English history alive to you through stories relating to the portraits of famous men and women.
42. Take home with you an impressive piece of work, with our Mentored Dissertation. Get the satisfaction of stretching your boundaries and developing a high quality piece of writing.
43. Love art? Allow us to show you the National Gallery, the Tate Modern, the Tate Britain, the Welcome collection, the Victoria and Albert Museum, Kenwood House, the Courtauld Gallery, the Photographers’ Gallery, and the John Soane Museum. Not forgetting Dulwich Picture Gallery. And so many more.
44. The student lounge. A great place to relax and chill as well as to work. It’s next to the office so you have constant contact with staff and teachers. Smart and comfortable, but also a place for serious study.
45. Meet similarly motivated and like-minded people from all over the world. Develop your appreciation of other cultures and countries.
46. Enjoy TV shows, films and literature previously inaccessible to you – no more need for subtitles once you have strengthened your English language skills with us!
47. Select our Enhanced Programme and take advantage of our one-on-one tutorial classes to combat specific weaknesses in your English, or deepen your abilities in a particular area of interest.
48. Really get to know London. Become familiar not with just the main tourist sights but with all the back-streets, the different neighbourhoods, and the separate villages.
49. Develop personal learning strategies that will not only allow you to continue mastering English, but which will help you throughout life, in your academic and professional endeavours.
50. And finally, avoid missing out – knowing how to talk, listen, read and write in English is a precious skill and one that will help you in whatever you want to do in life. Here’s to your future!